INJURED? LET US HELP YOU
Life-Altering Truck Wreck Injuries
Being involved in a trucking accident can transform your life in an instant. These behemoths of the road can weigh as much as 20 to 30 times more than your car, making them capable of causing extensive property damage, serious injuries, and even catastrophic fatalities.
Life-altering injuries can include:
At The Hayden Law Firm, we believe that every injury is unique. The outcome of every case may be different, but our truck accident lawyer in St. Louis, MO, truly understands that the resulting emotional and physical pain can last a lifetime. Damages for such injuries may include cost of medical bills, current and future lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and pain and suffering.
By taking the time to learn about your injuries and priorities, we are better able to provide an effective representation strategy that will help you get the compensation you need during this challenging time.
Causes of Truck Crashes in Missouri
Many truck wrecks happen on interstates like I-44 and I-270 where small cars have to share the road with drivers that might be more concerned with getting their cargo from Point A to Point B as quickly as possible with little regard for others’ safety. The sheer size and weight of a truck means that those driving them should exercise the highest standard of care. Unfortunately, this is not always the case and innocent people are put in danger.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue usually resulting from falsifying driver logs
- Overloading, unbalanced, or unsecured loads
- Poor maintenance of both the trailer and tractor
- Speeding and other traffic violations
- Aggressive driving known in the industry as muscling
- Failure to adjust to bad driving conditions, such as wet or icy roads
- Failure to follow industry rules and regulations
- Lack of new driver training
- Drunk driving or drug abuse
- Distracted driving or inattention
- Cell phone use / texting and driving
- Failure to obey the rules of the road
- Tire delaminations and explosions
- Manufacturing defects
It is the duty of your St. Louis personal injury lawyer to find out the cause of your accident and to advocate on your behalf. The Hayden Law Firm is known for bringing compassion and understanding to the toughest legal battles against big trucking companies and their even bigger insurance companies. Let us help you.
Who is Liable in a Trucking Accident?
Trucking accidents are not the same as normal car accidents. More than just the extent of the catastrophic injuries, accidents involving 18 wheelers can be very complicated because of the multiple parties at play.
For example, potentially liable parties in a truck collision might include one or more of the following:
- The driver
- The trucking company
- Owner of the truck
- Parties responsible for loading the truck
- Parties responsible for maintaining and repairing the truck
- Freight shipper
- Truck parts manufacturer
- The truck’s leasing company
- Manufacturer of the truck
- Broker who hired the trucking company to deliver a load
It is important to hire an experienced St. Louis truck accident lawyer to help with the investigation of your claim. After a personalized, one-on-one consultation where we learn every detail of your case and injuries, we can help determine the cause of the accident and who should be held liable. We take the appropriate next steps on your behalf while you take care of yourself and moving forward with confidence after this traumatic event.