Why Should I Have a Lawyer Represent My Case?
When you become the victim of the negligent or willful actions of another, your life is instantly thrust into a whirlwind. You have no idea what to do next or if or how your life could ever return to normal.
The Hayden Law firm recognizes what a difficult time you are going through as the victim of any accident. Our purpose is to advocate for justice and use our skills and expertise to secure payment for the full amount you are owed in damages. If you are sick of getting nowhere with the at-fault party’s insurance company or need some help getting started, turn to the Hayden Law Firm. We can be reached online or by phone at (314) 480-3100.
Your Personal Injury Case
You’ve been injured or otherwise negatively affected due to someone else’s reckless or irresponsible behavior. You were struck by a distracted driver or out-of-control semi truck, tripped and fell on a staircase in disrepair, or have been hurt on the job due to unsafe work conditions. After you realize you have a personal injury case, you must decide what to do and how you want to be represented.
The laws in our country give victims like you a form of recourse when your life has been disrupted by an accident. You deserve reparations for the injuries you have sustained and the impact they have had on your life. But to receive those damages, you have to take action. It can be a very lengthy process and most people don’t know where to begin. The decision to bring a suit or file a claim should not make your life more difficult. The purpose of pursuing your case civilly is to obtain reparations that will help restore your well-being and offer you a chance at resilience.
How A Lawyer Can Help
If you have never worked with a lawyer before or experienced the civil court system, you may have a preconceived notion of what they are like. Maybe you are a fiercely independent person who has always made their own way in the world and you don’t plan to change that now. In some cases, you may be able to obtain a satisfactory result for yourself without the help of a lawyer. However, you owe it to yourself to consider how having a lawyer could benefit you.
Here is what a lawyer does for their clients:
- They strategize. A personal injury lawyer is an expert in cases like yours. We have seen many people in many different situations. We know what works and what usually doesn’t. With a lawyer on your case, you can discuss potential outcomes and receive counsel on the best legal strategy for your situation. And if one approach isn’t successful, your lawyer knows what to do next to keep your case moving forward and get you closer to receiving the full compensation you are owed.
- They lighten the load. Taking your case on by yourself is cumbersome and challenging. In the months following an accident, you should be focused on your medical recovery and moving on in your life. This is difficult to do if you are also worried about every technical aspect of your legal case. Managing all the documents, communications, court appearances, and everything else that goes into your case is not a one-person job; that is why law firms have teams made up of attorneys, paralegals, and other support staff.
- They prevent errors. Lawyers are very familiar with entire process and are well acquainted with legal red tape, federal and state statutes and laws, and common tactics insurance companies employ. You can avoid making common but damning mistakes in your case such as missing the deadline to file your claim or accepting an unfair settlement offer from the insurance company by hiring a lawyer.
- They know the value of your case. We are very familiar with Missouri courts and know how to evaluate the monetary value of your claim. There are many different types of damages for which you are potentially owed, and most people do not know how to accurately quantify the extent of these damages. We partner with trusted medical providers to understand your long-term medical needs as a result of your injury.
- They have authority. Having a lawyer gives your case gravitas. In dealing with the other party’s insurance company, the other party’s hired lawyer, or a judge in civil court, you have a much better chance with your own lawyer on your side. It is common knowledge that victims without legal representation receive much lower settlements from insurance companies. Insurance companies offer much less money to vulnerable claimants that attempt to resolve the case on their own.
Hire A Lawyer For Your Case | The Hayden Law Firm
There are many clear advantages to hiring a lawyer to represent you in any type of personal injury case. They will not only make your life a little easier in the present and throughout the months following your case, but will also improve the outcome of your case and protect you from settling from less than what you deserve.
You owe it to yourself to hire an experienced lawyer to represent your case. Any personal injury attorney in good standing will be able to represent your case, but with Amanda Hayden representing you, you have a fearless, compassionate, tenacious advocate who genuinely cares and understands what’s important to you. Contact us today or call us now at (314) 480-3100.