Do I Need a Lawyer If I’m In a Car Accident?
After you’ve been in a car accident, you are bound to have many questions you never expected you would have to ask. Having access to good resources and the support of a qualified team makes a huge difference in the outcome of your case as well as your overall experience and quality of life throughout the process.
Once you’ve determined if you need a car accident attorney for your case, you are next tasked with finding the right attorney for you. Choose someone you trust, respect, and feel comfortable talking to. The first step in finding this lawyer for you is to have an initial consultation. The Hayden Law Firm offers consulations with no fee and no obligation. Contact us today online or call us at (314) 480-3100. Our priority is you, the client. With over 15 years of experience, our legal team will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve and make your life a little bit easier.
When You Need a Lawyer
Some, more minor car accident cases may actually be resolved without involving a lawyer. However, in most situations, hiring a lawyer is the best choice. You need a lawyer if any of the following conditions apply:
- You or your passenger(s) suffered any injuries, especially if severe or permanent.
- There was significant damage to your vehicle or other property.
- The accident caused the death of a family member or any passenger.
- There is any confusion or dispute regarding the cause of the accident.
- There are more than two parties involved.
- The at-fault’s insurance company denies or ignores your claim or tries to lowball, threaten, or otherwise mislead you.
- The other party is a corporation or government agency rather than a private individual.
If any of these are true for you, it’s in your best interest to find a qualified, experienced car accident attorney. The sooner you find the right lawyer for you, the sooner they can begin to strenghten your case and lift the burden from your shoulders.
What A Lawyer Can Do For You
If you’re still unsure whether it will benefit you to hire a lawyer for your car accident case, consider some of the things car accident lawyers do for their clients, and how they would benefit your case.
A lawyer would be able to:
- Formulate an effective legal strategy. As a trained legal representative with experience in car accident cases, your lawyer is able to advise you on the strongest strategy for your specific case. A good attorney will listen to and respect you wishes while letting you know what to expect and how to increase your chances of winning your case.
- Protect you from the ploys of insurance companies. Dealing with insurnace in any capacity is often frustrating and confusing. When it comes to trying to secure a settlement for your car accident, the other party’s insurance company is likely to employ several common strategies to avoid paying you what you deserve. A car accident lawyer is familiar with these tactics and knows how to communicate with insurance companies to obtain a favorable result for you.
- Determine the full value of your claim. Especially in complicated accidents and in accidents that cause long-term injuries or other damages, it takes a professional to calculate a complete and accurate evaluation of the worth of your claim.
- Manage your evidence. A lawyer can obtain your medical records directly from medical providers and get reports and other documents from courts and police departments. They can compile and organize these and other documents that support your case.
- Manage your case in the courts. An attorney’s familiarity with statutes, deadlines, and other legal guidelines protects you from losing your case due to avoidable mistakes such as not filing on time.
- Navigate the confusing details of your case. When there are multiple parties involved or the details of the accident are disputed, proving liability is challenging but imparative to winning your case. A professional with experience in accident law knows exactly how to argue your case.
- Make sure you receive the money you are owed. You can reach an agreeable settlement or receive a favorable judgment from the court, but it doesn’t help you until you actually receive the sum of money. Your lawyer knows how to collect the money and what to do if the at-fault party doesn’t pay when they are supposed to.
- Offer emotional support. Allowing a lawyer to take care of the intricacies involved in a car accident case leaves you with more energy to put towards your life and your recovery. Your lawyer can also be a source of empathy and understanding. Simply feeling that you aren’t alone and knowing you have someone in your corner who cares about your life and understands your experiences can be a huge relief.
Find a Lawyer for Your Car Accident | The Hayden Law Firm
Having a lawyer for your car accident case can make a huge difference, but you won’t truly get the best possible result and find piece of mind throughout the process with just any lawyer out there. You need a car accident lawyer whose values align with your own, who genuinely puts you and your needs first, communicates with you openly, and deeply believes in your case and getting you the settlement you deserve. The Hayden Law Firm is the St. Louis car accident law firm that will work hard to get the best possible result for your case. For compassionate and capable representation, come to Hayden Law. Contact or call us at (314) 480-3100 today to discuss your case with us, free of charge.