Fighting For Your Rights After A Wright City Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Wright City, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Wright City, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Wright City, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Wright City residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Wright City auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Wright City, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful remuneration, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Wright City, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Wright City, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Wright City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Wright City for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Wright City, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Wright City can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Wright City accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Wright City, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us following your Wright City, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Wright City, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Wright City, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Wright City, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Wright City auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and understanding Wright City, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Wright City, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Wright City, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Wright City auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since for the most part the amount of anguish a Wright City, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Wright City, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Wright City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and intelligence of a top Wright City, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Wright City residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Wright City, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Wright City, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Wright City, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Wright City auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.