Defending Your Rights After A Wood River Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Wood River, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Wood River, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Wood River, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Wood River residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Wood River auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Wood River, IL auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Wood River, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Wood River, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Wood River auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Wood River, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Wood River to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Wood River, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Wood River can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Wood River accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Wood River, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us following your Wood River, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Wood River, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Wood River, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Wood River, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Wood River auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a reputable and understanding Wood River, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Wood River, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Wood River, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Wood River auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Wood River, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Wood River, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and legal knowledge of a top Wood River, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Wood River residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Wood River, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Wood River, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Wood River, IL caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Wood River auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.