Defending Your Cause After A Winfield Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Winfield, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Winfield, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Winfield, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Winfield residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Winfield auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Winfield, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Winfield, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Winfield, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Winfield, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Winfield in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Winfield, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Winfield can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Winfield accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Winfield, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Winfield, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Winfield, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Winfield, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Winfield, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Winfield auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and understanding Winfield, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Winfield, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Winfield, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Winfield auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Winfield, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Winfield, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a competitive Winfield, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Winfield residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Winfield, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Winfield, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Winfield, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Winfield auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.