Defending Your Cause After A Wildwood Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Wildwood, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Wildwood, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Wildwood, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Wildwood residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Wildwood auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Wildwood, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Wildwood, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Wildwood, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Wildwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Wildwood for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Wildwood, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Wildwood can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Wildwood accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Wildwood, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Wildwood, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Wildwood, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Wildwood, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Wildwood, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Wildwood auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a trustworthy and compassionate Wildwood, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Wildwood, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Wildwood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Wildwood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Wildwood, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Wildwood, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Wildwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and acumen of a competitive Wildwood, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Wildwood residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Wildwood, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Wildwood, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Wildwood, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact Wildwood auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.