Defending Your Cause After A Wentzville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Wentzville, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Wentzville, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Wentzville, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Wentzville residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Wentzville auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Wentzville, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Wentzville, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Wentzville, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Wentzville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Wentzville for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Wentzville, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Wentzville can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Wentzville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Wentzville, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Wentzville, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Wentzville, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Wentzville, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Wentzville, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Wentzville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and understanding Wentzville, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Wentzville, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Wentzville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Wentzville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Wentzville, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Wentzville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and legal knowledge of a competitive Wentzville, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Wentzville residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Wentzville, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Wentzville, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Wentzville, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, act quickly: contact Wentzville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.