Fighting For Your Rights After A Webster Groves Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Webster Groves, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Webster Groves, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Webster Groves, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Webster Groves residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Webster Groves auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Webster Groves, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just remuneration, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Webster Groves, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Webster Groves, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Webster Groves auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Webster Groves, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Webster Groves in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Webster Groves, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Webster Groves can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Webster Groves accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Webster Groves, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Webster Groves, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Webster Groves, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Webster Groves, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly easy to document your Webster Groves, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Webster Groves auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Webster Groves, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Webster Groves, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Webster Groves, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Webster Groves auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Webster Groves, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Webster Groves, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of a competitive Webster Groves, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Webster Groves residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Webster Groves, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Webster Groves, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Webster Groves, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Webster Groves auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.