Defending Your Interests After A Waterloo Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Waterloo, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Waterloo, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Waterloo, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Waterloo residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Waterloo auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Waterloo, IL auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Waterloo, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Waterloo, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Waterloo auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Waterloo, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Waterloo to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Waterloo, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Waterloo can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Waterloo accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Waterloo, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Waterloo, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Waterloo, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Waterloo, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Waterloo, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Waterloo auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Waterloo, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Waterloo, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Waterloo, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Waterloo auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Waterloo, IL auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Waterloo, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top Waterloo, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Waterloo residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Waterloo, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Waterloo, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Waterloo, IL caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Waterloo auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.