Fighting For Your Cause After A Washington Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Washington, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Washington, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Washington, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Washington residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Washington auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Washington, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Washington, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Washington, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Washington, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Washington for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Washington, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Washington can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Washington accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Washington, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Washington, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Washington, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Washington, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Washington, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Washington auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a reputable and understanding Washington, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Washington, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Washington, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Washington auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Washington, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Washington, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and legal knowledge of a competitive Washington, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Washington residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Washington, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Washington, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Washington, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Washington auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.