Fighting For Your Interests After A Wartburg Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Wartburg, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Wartburg, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Wartburg, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Wartburg residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Wartburg auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Wartburg, IL auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Wartburg, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Wartburg, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Wartburg auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Wartburg, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Wartburg for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Wartburg, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Wartburg can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Wartburg accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Wartburg, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Wartburg, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Wartburg, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Wartburg, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Wartburg, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Wartburg auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and compassionate Wartburg, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Wartburg, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Wartburg, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Wartburg auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Wartburg, IL auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Wartburg, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of a top Wartburg, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Wartburg residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Wartburg, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Wartburg, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Wartburg, IL caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Wartburg auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.