Defending Your Cause After A Warrenton Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Warrenton, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Warrenton, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Warrenton, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Warrenton residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Warrenton auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Warrenton, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Warrenton, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Warrenton, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Warrenton auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Warrenton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Warrenton for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Warrenton, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Warrenton can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Warrenton accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Warrenton, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Warrenton, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Warrenton, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Warrenton, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Warrenton, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Warrenton auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a trustworthy and understanding Warrenton, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Warrenton, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Warrenton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Warrenton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Warrenton, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Warrenton, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Warrenton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and legal knowledge of an elite Warrenton, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Warrenton residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Warrenton, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Warrenton, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Warrenton, MO caused by another party’s negligence, act quickly: contact Warrenton auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.