Defending Your Cause After A Villa Ridge Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Villa Ridge, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Villa Ridge, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Villa Ridge, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Villa Ridge residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Villa Ridge auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Villa Ridge, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Villa Ridge, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Villa Ridge, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Villa Ridge auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Villa Ridge, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Villa Ridge in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Villa Ridge, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Villa Ridge can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Villa Ridge accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Villa Ridge, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Villa Ridge, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Villa Ridge, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Villa Ridge, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Villa Ridge, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Villa Ridge auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Villa Ridge, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Villa Ridge, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Villa Ridge, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Villa Ridge auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish a Villa Ridge, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Villa Ridge, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Villa Ridge, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a top Villa Ridge, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Villa Ridge residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Villa Ridge, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Villa Ridge, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Villa Ridge, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Villa Ridge auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.