Fighting For Your Rights After A Valmeyer Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Valmeyer, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Valmeyer, IL. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Valmeyer, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Valmeyer residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Valmeyer auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Valmeyer, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Valmeyer, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Valmeyer, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Valmeyer, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Valmeyer to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Valmeyer, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Valmeyer can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Valmeyer accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Valmeyer, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us following your Valmeyer, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Valmeyer, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Valmeyer, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Valmeyer, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Valmeyer auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a reputable and compassionate Valmeyer, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Valmeyer, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Valmeyer, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Valmeyer auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Valmeyer, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Valmeyer, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and intelligence of an elite Valmeyer, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Valmeyer residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Valmeyer, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Valmeyer, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Valmeyer, IL caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Valmeyer auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.