Defending Your Rights After A Valley Park Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Valley Park, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Valley Park, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Valley Park, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Valley Park residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Valley Park auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Valley Park, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Valley Park, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Valley Park, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Valley Park auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Valley Park, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Valley Park for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Valley Park, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Valley Park can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Valley Park accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Valley Park, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Valley Park, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Valley Park, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Valley Park, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Valley Park, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Valley Park auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a reputable and compassionate Valley Park, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Valley Park, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Valley Park, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Valley Park auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Valley Park, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Valley Park, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and legal knowledge of an elite Valley Park, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Valley Park residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Valley Park, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Valley Park, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Valley Park, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Valley Park auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.