Defending Your Cause After A University City Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in University City, MO
Auto Accident Attorney University City, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in University City, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help University City residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our University City auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our University City, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a University City, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran University City, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your University City auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service University City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around University City in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran University City, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in University City can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to University City accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common University City, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your University City, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In University City, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across University City, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your University City, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your University City auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate University City, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in University City, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in University City, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your University City auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a University City, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a University City, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven University City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of a top University City, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with University City residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in University City, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your University City, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in University City, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact University City auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.