Defending Your Interests After A Union Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Union, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Union, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Union, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Union residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Union auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Union, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Union, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Union, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Union auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Union, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Union to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Union, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Union can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Union accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Union, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us following your Union, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Union, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Union, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Union, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Union auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a reputable and understanding Union, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Union, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Union, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Union auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Union, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Union, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and intelligence of a competitive Union, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Union residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Union, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Union, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Union, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Union auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.