Defending Your Cause After A Twin Oaks Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Twin Oaks, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Twin Oaks, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Twin Oaks, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Twin Oaks residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Twin Oaks auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Twin Oaks, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Twin Oaks, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Twin Oaks, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Twin Oaks auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Twin Oaks, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Twin Oaks in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Twin Oaks, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Twin Oaks can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Twin Oaks accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Twin Oaks, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us following your Twin Oaks, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Twin Oaks, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Twin Oaks, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly easy to document your Twin Oaks, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Twin Oaks auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Twin Oaks, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Twin Oaks, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Twin Oaks, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Twin Oaks auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Twin Oaks, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Twin Oaks, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Twin Oaks, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and legal knowledge of an elite Twin Oaks, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Twin Oaks residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Twin Oaks, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Twin Oaks, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Twin Oaks, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Twin Oaks auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.