Fighting For Your Interests After A Troy Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Troy, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Troy, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Troy, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Troy residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Troy auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Troy, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Troy, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Troy, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Troy auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Troy, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Troy to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Troy, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Troy can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Troy accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Troy, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Troy, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Troy, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Troy, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Troy, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Troy auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and understanding Troy, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Troy, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Troy, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Troy auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Troy, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Troy, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and intelligence of a top Troy, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Troy residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Troy, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Troy, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Troy, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Troy auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.