Defending Your Interests After A Troy Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Troy, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Troy, IL. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Troy, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Troy residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Troy auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Troy, IL auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Troy, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Troy, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Troy, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Troy for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Troy, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Troy can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Troy accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Troy, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Troy, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Troy, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Troy, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Troy, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Troy auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a reputable and compassionate Troy, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Troy, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Troy, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Troy auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Troy, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Troy, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Troy, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and acumen of an elite Troy, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Troy residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Troy, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Troy, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Troy, IL caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact Troy auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.