Fighting For Your Cause After A Trenton Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Trenton, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Trenton, IL. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Trenton, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Trenton residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Trenton auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Trenton, IL auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Trenton, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Trenton, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Trenton auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Trenton, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Trenton for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Trenton, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Trenton can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Trenton accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Trenton, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Trenton, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Trenton, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Trenton, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Trenton, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Trenton auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a reputable and understanding Trenton, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Trenton, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Trenton, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Trenton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since for the most part the amount of anguish a Trenton, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Trenton, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Trenton, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and intelligence of an elite Trenton, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Trenton residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Trenton, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Trenton, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Trenton, IL caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Trenton auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.