Defending Your Rights After A Tower Grove South Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Tower Grove South, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Tower Grove South, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Tower Grove South, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Tower Grove South residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Tower Grove South auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Tower Grove South, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Tower Grove South, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Tower Grove South, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Tower Grove South auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Tower Grove South, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Tower Grove South for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Tower Grove South, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Tower Grove South can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Tower Grove South accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Tower Grove South, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Tower Grove South, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Tower Grove South, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Tower Grove South, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Tower Grove South, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Tower Grove South auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Tower Grove South, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Tower Grove South, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Tower Grove South, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Tower Grove South auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Tower Grove South, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Tower Grove South, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Tower Grove South, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and intelligence of a competitive Tower Grove South, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Tower Grove South residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Tower Grove South, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Tower Grove South, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Tower Grove South, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Tower Grove South auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.