Defending Your Rights After A Tipton Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Tipton, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Tipton, IL. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Tipton, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Tipton residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Tipton auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Tipton, IL auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Tipton, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Tipton, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Tipton, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Tipton in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Tipton, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Tipton can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Tipton accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Tipton, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Tipton, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Tipton, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Tipton, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Tipton, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Tipton auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Tipton, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Tipton, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Tipton, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Tipton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Tipton, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Tipton, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Tipton, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and acumen of a top Tipton, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Tipton residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Tipton, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Tipton, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Tipton, IL caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Tipton auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.