Defending Your Cause After A Sunset Hills Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Sunset Hills, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Sunset Hills, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Sunset Hills, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Sunset Hills residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Sunset Hills auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Sunset Hills, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Sunset Hills, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Sunset Hills, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Sunset Hills, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Sunset Hills in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Sunset Hills, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Sunset Hills can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Sunset Hills accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Sunset Hills, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Sunset Hills, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Sunset Hills, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Sunset Hills, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Sunset Hills, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Sunset Hills auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a reputable and understanding Sunset Hills, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Sunset Hills, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Sunset Hills, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Sunset Hills auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Sunset Hills, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Sunset Hills, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and acumen of an elite Sunset Hills, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Sunset Hills residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Sunset Hills, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Sunset Hills, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Sunset Hills, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Sunset Hills auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.