Fighting For Your Interests After A Ste. Genevieve Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Ste. Genevieve, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Ste. Genevieve, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Ste. Genevieve residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Ste. Genevieve auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Ste. Genevieve auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Ste. Genevieve, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Ste. Genevieve for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Ste. Genevieve, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Ste. Genevieve can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Ste. Genevieve accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Ste. Genevieve, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Ste. Genevieve, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Ste. Genevieve, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Ste. Genevieve, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Ste. Genevieve auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a reputable and understanding Ste. Genevieve, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Ste. Genevieve auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish a Ste. Genevieve, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Ste. Genevieve, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a competitive Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Ste. Genevieve residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Ste. Genevieve auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.