Defending Your Interests After A St. Peters Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in St. Peters, MO
Auto Accident Attorney St. Peters, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in St. Peters, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help St. Peters residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our St. Peters auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our St. Peters, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful remuneration, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a St. Peters, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated St. Peters, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service St. Peters, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around St. Peters to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran St. Peters, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in St. Peters can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to St. Peters accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common St. Peters, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your St. Peters, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In St. Peters, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across St. Peters, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your St. Peters, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your St. Peters auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and understanding St. Peters, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in St. Peters, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in St. Peters, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your St. Peters auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a St. Peters, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring St. Peters, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and acumen of a top St. Peters, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with St. Peters residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in St. Peters, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your St. Peters, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in St. Peters, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, act quickly: contact St. Peters auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.