Defending Your Interests After A St. Louis Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in St. Louis, MO
Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in St. Louis, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help St. Louis residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our St. Louis auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our St. Louis, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a St. Louis, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated St. Louis, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your St. Louis auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service St. Louis, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around St. Louis to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced St. Louis, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in St. Louis can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to St. Louis accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common St. Louis, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your St. Louis, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In St. Louis, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across St. Louis, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your St. Louis, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your St. Louis auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and understanding St. Louis, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in St. Louis, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in St. Louis, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your St. Louis auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a St. Louis, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a St. Louis, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent St. Louis, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and intelligence of a top St. Louis, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with St. Louis residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in St. Louis, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your St. Louis, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in St. Louis, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact St. Louis auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.