Defending Your Interests After A St. Clair Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in St. Clair, MO
Auto Accident Attorney St. Clair, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in St. Clair, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help St. Clair residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our St. Clair auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our St. Clair, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a St. Clair, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran St. Clair, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your St. Clair auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service St. Clair, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around St. Clair for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran St. Clair, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in St. Clair can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to St. Clair accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common St. Clair, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your St. Clair, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In St. Clair, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across St. Clair, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your St. Clair, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your St. Clair auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate St. Clair, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in St. Clair, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in St. Clair, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your St. Clair auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a St. Clair, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a St. Clair, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent St. Clair, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of an elite St. Clair, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with St. Clair residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in St. Clair, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your St. Clair, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in St. Clair, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not wait: contact St. Clair auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.