Defending Your Rights After A St. Charles Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in St. Charles, MO
Auto Accident Attorney St. Charles, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in St. Charles, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help St. Charles residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our St. Charles auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our St. Charles, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a St. Charles, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran St. Charles, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your St. Charles auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete St. Charles, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around St. Charles for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran St. Charles, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in St. Charles can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to St. Charles accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common St. Charles, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your St. Charles, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In St. Charles, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across St. Charles, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your St. Charles, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your St. Charles auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a reputable and compassionate St. Charles, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in St. Charles, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in St. Charles, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your St. Charles auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a St. Charles, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a St. Charles, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven St. Charles, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and intelligence of an elite St. Charles, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with St. Charles residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in St. Charles, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your St. Charles, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in St. Charles, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, act quickly: contact St. Charles auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.