Defending Your Interests After A Soulard Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Soulard, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Soulard, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Soulard, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Soulard residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Soulard auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Soulard, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful remuneration, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Soulard, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Soulard, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Soulard, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Soulard for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Soulard, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Soulard can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Soulard accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Soulard, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Soulard, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Soulard, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Soulard, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Soulard, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Soulard auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a reputable and compassionate Soulard, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Soulard, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Soulard, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Soulard auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Soulard, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Soulard, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Soulard, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of a competitive Soulard, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Soulard residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Soulard, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Soulard, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Soulard, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Soulard auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.