Fighting For Your Rights After A Smithton Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Smithton, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Smithton, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Smithton, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Smithton residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Smithton auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Smithton, IL auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate remuneration, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Smithton, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Smithton, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Smithton auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Smithton, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Smithton to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Smithton, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Smithton can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Smithton accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Smithton, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Smithton, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Smithton, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Smithton, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Smithton, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Smithton auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and compassionate Smithton, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Smithton, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Smithton, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Smithton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Smithton, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Smithton, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Smithton, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and acumen of an elite Smithton, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Smithton residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Smithton, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Smithton, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Smithton, IL caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Smithton auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.