Fighting For Your Rights After A Shrewsbury Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Shrewsbury, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Shrewsbury, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Shrewsbury, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Shrewsbury residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Shrewsbury auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Shrewsbury, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Shrewsbury, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Shrewsbury, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Shrewsbury auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Shrewsbury, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Shrewsbury in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Shrewsbury, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Shrewsbury can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Shrewsbury accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Shrewsbury, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Shrewsbury, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Shrewsbury, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Shrewsbury, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Shrewsbury, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Shrewsbury auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Shrewsbury, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Shrewsbury, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Shrewsbury, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Shrewsbury auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Shrewsbury, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Shrewsbury, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Shrewsbury, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and acumen of a top Shrewsbury, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Shrewsbury residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Shrewsbury, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Shrewsbury, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Shrewsbury, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, act quickly: contact Shrewsbury auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.