Fighting For Your Cause After A Shiloh Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Shiloh, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Shiloh, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Shiloh, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Shiloh residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Shiloh auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Shiloh, IL auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful remuneration, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Shiloh, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Shiloh, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Shiloh auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Shiloh, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Shiloh for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Shiloh, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Shiloh can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Shiloh accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Shiloh, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Shiloh, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Shiloh, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Shiloh, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Shiloh, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Shiloh auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Shiloh, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Shiloh, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Shiloh, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Shiloh auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Shiloh, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Shiloh, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Shiloh, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a competitive Shiloh, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Shiloh residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Shiloh, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Shiloh, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Shiloh, IL caused by someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Shiloh auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.