Defending Your Rights After A Sappington Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Sappington, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Sappington, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Sappington, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Sappington residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Sappington auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Sappington, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful remuneration, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Sappington, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Sappington, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Sappington auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Sappington, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Sappington for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Sappington, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Sappington can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Sappington accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Sappington, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Sappington, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Sappington, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Sappington, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Sappington, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Sappington auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Sappington, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Sappington, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Sappington, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Sappington auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Sappington, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Sappington, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of a competitive Sappington, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Sappington residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Sappington, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Sappington, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Sappington, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Sappington auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.