Defending Your Rights After A Rock Hill Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Rock Hill, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Rock Hill, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Rock Hill, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Rock Hill residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Rock Hill auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Rock Hill, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate remuneration, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Rock Hill, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Rock Hill, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Rock Hill, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Rock Hill to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Rock Hill, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Rock Hill can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Rock Hill accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Rock Hill, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Rock Hill, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Rock Hill, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Rock Hill, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly easy to document your Rock Hill, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Rock Hill auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Rock Hill, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Rock Hill, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Rock Hill, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Rock Hill auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Rock Hill, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Rock Hill, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Rock Hill, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and intelligence of a competitive Rock Hill, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Rock Hill residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Rock Hill, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Rock Hill, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Rock Hill, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Rock Hill auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.