Defending Your Rights After A Richmond Heights Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Richmond Heights, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Richmond Heights, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Richmond Heights, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Richmond Heights residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Richmond Heights auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Richmond Heights, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Richmond Heights, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Richmond Heights, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Richmond Heights auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Richmond Heights, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Richmond Heights in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Richmond Heights, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Richmond Heights can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Richmond Heights accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Richmond Heights, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Richmond Heights, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Richmond Heights, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Richmond Heights, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Richmond Heights, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Richmond Heights auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a trustworthy and compassionate Richmond Heights, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Richmond Heights, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Richmond Heights, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Richmond Heights auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Richmond Heights, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Richmond Heights, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Richmond Heights, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and legal knowledge of a competitive Richmond Heights, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Richmond Heights residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Richmond Heights, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Richmond Heights, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Richmond Heights, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Richmond Heights auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.