Fighting For Your Rights After A Renault Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Renault, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Renault, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Renault, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Renault residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Renault auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Renault, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Renault, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Renault, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Renault auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Renault, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Renault to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Renault, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Renault can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Renault accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Renault, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us following your Renault, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Renault, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Renault, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Renault, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Renault auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Renault, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Renault, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Renault, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Renault auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Renault, IL auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Renault, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and intelligence of an elite Renault, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Renault residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Renault, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Renault, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Renault, IL caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Renault auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.