Defending Your Cause After A Red Bud Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Red Bud, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Red Bud, IL. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Red Bud, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Red Bud residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Red Bud auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Red Bud, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Red Bud, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Red Bud, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Red Bud auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Red Bud, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Red Bud in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Red Bud, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Red Bud can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Red Bud accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Red Bud, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Red Bud, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Red Bud, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Red Bud, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Red Bud, IL accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Red Bud auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a reputable and compassionate Red Bud, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Red Bud, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Red Bud, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Red Bud auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since by and large the amount of anguish a Red Bud, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Red Bud, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Red Bud, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a competitive Red Bud, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Red Bud residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Red Bud, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Red Bud, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Red Bud, IL caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Red Bud auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.