Fighting For Your Interests After A Prairie Du Rocher Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Prairie Du Rocher, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Prairie Du Rocher, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Prairie Du Rocher, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Prairie Du Rocher residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Prairie Du Rocher auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Prairie Du Rocher, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Prairie Du Rocher, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Prairie Du Rocher, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Prairie Du Rocher auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Prairie Du Rocher, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Prairie Du Rocher for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Prairie Du Rocher, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Prairie Du Rocher can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Prairie Du Rocher accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Prairie Du Rocher, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Prairie Du Rocher, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Prairie Du Rocher, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Prairie Du Rocher, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Prairie Du Rocher, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Prairie Du Rocher auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a reputable and understanding Prairie Du Rocher, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Prairie Du Rocher, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Prairie Du Rocher, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Prairie Du Rocher auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Prairie Du Rocher, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Prairie Du Rocher, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top Prairie Du Rocher, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Prairie Du Rocher residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Prairie Du Rocher, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Prairie Du Rocher, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Prairie Du Rocher, IL caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Prairie Du Rocher auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.