Fighting For Your Interests After A Potosi Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Potosi, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Potosi, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Potosi, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Potosi residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Potosi auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Potosi, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Potosi, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Potosi, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Potosi auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Potosi, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Potosi in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Potosi, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Potosi can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Potosi accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Potosi, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Potosi, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Potosi, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Potosi, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Potosi, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Potosi auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding Potosi, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Potosi, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Potosi, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Potosi auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Potosi, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Potosi, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Potosi, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of a top Potosi, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Potosi residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Potosi, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Potosi, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Potosi, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Potosi auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.