Defending Your Interests After A Pevely Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Pevely, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Pevely, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Pevely, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Pevely residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Pevely auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Pevely, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Pevely, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Pevely, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Pevely auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Pevely, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Pevely for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Pevely, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Pevely can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Pevely accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Pevely, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Pevely, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Pevely, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Pevely, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Pevely, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Pevely auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and compassionate Pevely, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Pevely, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Pevely, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Pevely auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Pevely, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Pevely, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and acumen of an elite Pevely, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Pevely residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Pevely, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Pevely, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Pevely, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact Pevely auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.