Defending Your Interests After A Perryville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Perryville, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Perryville, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Perryville, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Perryville residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Perryville auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Perryville, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just remuneration, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Perryville, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Perryville, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Perryville auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Perryville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Perryville for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Perryville, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Perryville can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Perryville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Perryville, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Perryville, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Perryville, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Perryville, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Perryville, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Perryville auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and compassionate Perryville, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Perryville, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Perryville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Perryville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of anguish a Perryville, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Perryville, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Perryville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and intelligence of an elite Perryville, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Perryville residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Perryville, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Perryville, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Perryville, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Perryville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.