Defending Your Rights After A Park Hills Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Park Hills, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Park Hills, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Park Hills, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Park Hills residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Park Hills auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Park Hills, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Park Hills, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Park Hills, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Park Hills, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Park Hills for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Park Hills, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Park Hills can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Park Hills accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Park Hills, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Park Hills, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Park Hills, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Park Hills, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Park Hills, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Park Hills auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Park Hills, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Park Hills, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Park Hills, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Park Hills auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Park Hills, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Park Hills, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of a top Park Hills, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Park Hills residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Park Hills, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Park Hills, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Park Hills, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Park Hills auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.