Defending Your Cause After A Pacific Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Pacific, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Pacific, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Pacific, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Pacific residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Pacific auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Pacific, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Pacific, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Pacific, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Pacific auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Pacific, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Pacific in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Pacific, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Pacific can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Pacific accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Pacific, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us following your Pacific, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Pacific, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Pacific, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Pacific, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Pacific auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a reputable and understanding Pacific, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Pacific, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Pacific, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Pacific auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Pacific, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Pacific, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and acumen of a top Pacific, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Pacific residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Pacific, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Pacific, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Pacific, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Pacific auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.