Defending Your Cause After A Osage City Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Osage City, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Osage City, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Osage City, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Osage City residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Osage City auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Osage City, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Osage City, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Osage City, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Osage City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Osage City to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Osage City, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Osage City can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Osage City accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Osage City, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Osage City, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Osage City, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Osage City, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Osage City, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Osage City auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a reputable and compassionate Osage City, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Osage City, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Osage City, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Osage City auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since for the most part the amount of anguish a Osage City, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Osage City, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Osage City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Osage City, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Osage City residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Osage City, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Osage City, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Osage City, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Osage City auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.