Fighting For Your Cause After A Olivette Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Olivette, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Olivette, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Olivette, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Olivette residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Olivette auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Olivette, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Olivette, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Olivette, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Olivette auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Olivette, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Olivette for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Olivette, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Olivette can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Olivette accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Olivette, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Olivette, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Olivette, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Olivette, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Olivette, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Olivette auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Olivette, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Olivette, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Olivette, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Olivette auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Olivette, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Olivette, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Olivette, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and intelligence of a top Olivette, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Olivette residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Olivette, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Olivette, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Olivette, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact Olivette auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.