Fighting For Your Cause After A Old Mines Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Old Mines, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Old Mines, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Old Mines, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Old Mines residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Old Mines auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Old Mines, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Old Mines, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Old Mines, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Old Mines, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Old Mines in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Old Mines, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Old Mines can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Old Mines accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Old Mines, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Old Mines, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Old Mines, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Old Mines, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Old Mines, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Old Mines auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Old Mines, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Old Mines, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Old Mines, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Old Mines auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Old Mines, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Old Mines, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Old Mines, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Old Mines residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Old Mines, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Old Mines, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Old Mines, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Old Mines auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.