Fighting For Your Rights After A Okawville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Okawville, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Okawville, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Okawville, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Okawville residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Okawville auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Okawville, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Okawville, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Okawville, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Okawville auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Okawville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Okawville for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Okawville, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Okawville can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Okawville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Okawville, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Okawville, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Okawville, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Okawville, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Okawville, IL accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Okawville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Okawville, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Okawville, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Okawville, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Okawville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Okawville, IL auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Okawville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and intelligence of an elite Okawville, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Okawville residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Okawville, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Okawville, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Okawville, IL caused by someone else’s negligence, do not wait: contact Okawville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.