Fighting For Your Rights After A O’Fallon Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in O’Fallon, MO
Auto Accident Attorney O’Fallon, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in O’Fallon, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help O’Fallon residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our O’Fallon auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely for all our O’Fallon, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a O’Fallon, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated O’Fallon, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service O’Fallon, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around O’Fallon to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced O’Fallon, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in O’Fallon can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to O’Fallon accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common O’Fallon, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your O’Fallon, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In O’Fallon, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across O’Fallon, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your O’Fallon, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your O’Fallon auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding O’Fallon, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in O’Fallon, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in O’Fallon, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your O’Fallon auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a O’Fallon, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a O’Fallon, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven O’Fallon, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a top O’Fallon, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with O’Fallon residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in O’Fallon, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your O’Fallon, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in O’Fallon, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact O’Fallon auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.